Wednesday 4 November 2009

Needlework Tuesday - oops I forgot this item


One of my dearest friends in the world was planning to visit me a week and a half ago. A few days prior to the visit she sent me and email to say that her beloved cat Kahlua, who had lived with her for around 17 years, had passes away.
I felt sad for her. Kahlua was a lovely cat to look at, though I have to admit I didn't know her as she was very reluctant to come out of hiding when ever I was there.
.
I wanted to do something to honour her, so what better than to make a wall hanging.
.
I used a pattern by designer Pam Bono called 'Cat Naps' and made just a single block. I changed the colours to match Kahlua's colouring.
This finished wall hanging is shown here. It measures 14 inches tall by 16 wide.
My friend really likes it and says it looks just like her cat.

6 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

My best wishes to your friend - the last of our cats (Phog) died several years ago and I'm still not completly over her loss. What a lovely friend you are to do this in her honour.

Marie said...

Lovely work, Heather. I adore cats, but they make me sneeze. Achoo!

By the way, I'm glad that both you and your daughter are feeling better. Being sick sucks.

Teddy Rose said...

That is lovely Heather! I may have to get the pattern.

(M)ary said...

that looks awesome!

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Sorry to hear of your friends loss. I lost my cat, Miss Kitty, a few years ago. I still miss her. beautiful quilt block. Looks paper pieced. I have an award for you over at my place, A View of My Life. You can stop by and pick it up. Have a great day!!

Sherrie
A View of My Life

Elly D said...

AWWW! this is so cute! Sorry to hear about your friend's cat but I'm sure she will enjoy your tribute wallhanging. hugs Elly