Thursday 17 November 2011

Receipe Thursday - For the Love of Sweet Potatoes

 The sweet potatoes I usually buy are about one pound.  This slugger weighs in just under four pounds.  I couldn't resist sharing some photos with you.  That's my daughter hamming it up.  I'll be taking this vegetable to my college living son.  It should feed him for a few days.

From the comments, seems I should be telling you that this beauty of a potato came from my local mass market grocery store.



For more foodie fun, be sure to visit Beth Fish Reads for Weekend Cooking.  You are further invited to add a link to your recent food related post.

16 comments:

Dorte H said...

Ha, great pictures.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Wow, that is some potato. Much nicer than the common variety, sadly we are not always able to get sweet potatoes here in the north east of England.

Marie said...

OMG! That's the largest sweet potato I've ever seen. Have you called Guinness?

Beth F said...

Bwahahaha that is too funny.

Carol @ There's Always Thyme to Cook said...

LOL, great pics! That is the biggest sweet potato I've ever seen!

Nan said...

What a great post! Love the pictures. I recently had some russet potatoes that were huge like that.

caite said...

love that last one...lol...it needs a little hat.

Beth F said...

I don't know why my comment disappeared but I did stop by this morning to tell how much I love this post. Way too funny.

Stacy at The Novel Life said...

love the pictures! and wow! where in the world did you find a 4 lb. sweet potato?!?

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

Holy Smokes!! What a whopper!!

Lisa@ButteryBooks said...

That is huge! Love it!

Jenny Girl said...

Oh my! Never saw one this big! Hope he likes sweet potatoes :)
Good job on the posing ;)

bermudaonion said...

That sucker is huge and your daughter is adorable!

sewnut said...

Enough Sweet potato fries to feed a family!!!!

Christine said...

Fun! That is one HUGE sweet potato! Serves 8. LOL!

We got the biggest carrots I've ever seen in our last co-op box. They were nearly the size of my 12 year old's forearm!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

FOUR POUNDS?! I can't believe that I just bought my first sweet potatoes last week. Picked them up to make baby food for my daughter but wish I'd picked a few more up for myself. Love them--just don't cook them.

Hope your son enjoys!!