Tuesday 22 November 2011

Take Your Child to a Bookstore Day - December 3, 2011


This morning while reading today's issue of ShelfAwareness I learned about Take Your Child to a Bookstore Day.  It's happening December 3, 2011.  There are lots of shops in the United States who are already onboard with special activities, and a few in Canada.  I'll be contacting my local independent to ensure they are aware of the 'celebration'.  Check the link and see what activities your store has planned.


For information about ShelfAwareness, scroll down my left side bar till you come to their button.

2 comments:

jenny milchman said...

Heather, thanks so much for discovering Take Your Child to a Bookstore Day! Can't wait to hear what you do at your local bookstore--please let me know if I can help get the word out about them, or add them to our map (or slide show :)

Take care,
Jenny

Susan D said...

Oh, but only ONE day? I had the joy last week of taking my grandson Jackson, 7, out for a day together, and as we drove past a nearby used bookstore (Great Escape, Kingston Road, Toronto) he said the words no grandparent can resist: "Grandma, can we go to that bookstore?"

He chose Captain Underpants, Book 2. He was impressed with the low price (and even lower since I have credit there). I suspect that despite many trip to Indigo and libraries, he's never been in a used bookstore before.