Tuesday 22 November 2011

Needlework Tuesday - Progress on All Fronts

Needlework Tuesday is open to all readers looking for inspiration, encouragement or who want to share their recent needlework project. Introduce yourself in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your current post. Feel free to grab the cute little mouse for your post.





I  know that you are all curious to see how stitch 11 turned out.  From Cheryl's photo it was hard to tell what this stitch should look like (blame my bifocals).  It took me two repeats of the pattern to understand what was happening.  I love this stitch.  It's fairly easy to do, though more of that knitting in the second stitch and then knitting in the first, but I am sure getting the hand of it now.  I am showing the eight pattern repeats, but it's too short, so I am going to do at least two more repeats and then knit my seperator rows.
Pattern Stitch 12 is now up.  So pop on over to visit with Grandma Coco and she'll share the pattern with you.

Lots of work on my snowflake afghan.  I am now on the final row of filler motifs (bottom right corner) and then seven more full motifs to hook.  Then the whole thing gets a white round of single crochets.  Hope to show you the finished project next post.
Yesterday I was determined to work on the border for my 'Convergence' quilt.  I had a strip about 4 1/2 x  20 inches of the main fabric as well as a handful of 2 inch squares. 
 I added two blue/green fabric to the mix and started playing.
A narrow border was first added as I wanted to bring out the red/brown tones.  We have a lot of oak in our house and this made it look as though it belonged hanging here.  Playtime, lots of measuring, sewing, un-sewing, re-pressing.  Dinner was a bit late, but the last stitches were in before hubby came home.






Quilting is yet to be done, though I do have a good idea of what I want to do.  Mostly, I want to emphasis the sun rays.  I think I will use the shiny gold poly embroidery thread for that and some other cotton for the rest.  Now to find a piece of fabric for backing and away I go.  Hubby and I both feel that this will be a good quilt for his office.  He hasn't had one hanging there for over year, so time to shake things up and re-decorate.

How did you do on your projects last week?  Did you finish something, or did you push aside the old and start something new?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like it Heather will look super in hubby's office.

Anonymous said...

finished 2 pillowcases for those special children

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Loving that bluey green fabric.

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

You have a lot of projects going on! They all look fantastic ... I really like the lacy look of the snowflake afghan.