Wednesday 9 November 2011

Needlework Tuesday - Missing Time

  Needlework Tuesday is open to all readers looking for inspiration, encouragement or who want to share their recent needlework project. Introduce yourself in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your current post. Feel free to grab the cute little mouse for your post.


I don't know what happened to yesterday. It just sort of evaporated, one minute I was doing some cleaning and the next I knew it was dinner time and a friend was expected.  Poof, gone.  Fortunately I am here today to get caught up.
 New books are always a welcome addition to my craft library.  I was out with my mother and spied this magazine.  It is filled with colourful patterns that all stray from the usual.  They were all new to me, though my sister had looked at it and she said that many had been previously published in other magazines.  Seeing as I don't generally purchase crochet magazines, I didn't have any of them.  My mother bought this copy for me.  There are at least six contained within it that I want to start on right away.
 I made good progress on my snowflake afghan.  I added the row of six filler motifs one evening.  This week I have been working on adding the second row of seven main motifs.  Now that I have mostly memorized the pattern it is moving along quickly.

I didn't get a chance to work on my Papa Bear Sampler scarf that is being hosted by Grandma Coco.  She have the tenth stitch pattern up now.  Be sure to visit with her and check out this interesting stitch.  Next week I hope to have both stitches nine and ten to share.

Back to the Ricky Tims style Convergence quilt.  I started this a few weeks back if you are looking for details.  The sun is stitched down, but it was missing something.  I had some thin gold cording on hand, so couched it down  in eight 'sun rays'.   As you can notice in this photo, they don't show up very well.  Daughter suggested that I needed more of them.
 i added eight more 'sun rays' and now they show much better.  When I add the echo quilting I think they will jump right out.  First I need to come up with a border....
Closeup of the 'sun rays'.  I couched them with a long, narrow zig zag.  I pulled the thread ends to the back and tied them off.
I was out shopping yesterday and happened across this fabric on the clearance rack.  I couldn't leave it there, 3 metres of it followed me home.   Aurora Borealis by Carol Bryer Fallert from Benartex.

 I have no idea what I will do with this, but I had to have it.  Do you find yourself purchasing craft supplies even though you have no immediate plans for their use????

Linda, at living, quilting and stuff, has posted an update on her lovely shawl as well as a few good stories about customer service.

7 comments:

Rikki said...

I often buy craft supplies that I have no immediate use for (pr ever!). It's a hobby in itself.
I love those afghans. Just I know that I would hate sewing or rather crocheting them all together. I'd enjoy making the small parts, but would need a helper who would do the assembling, :).

Cheryl (Grandma Coco) said...

Love your snowflake afghan!! I'm wondering how exactly all the motifs go together?

Felicity Grace Terry said...

I love that quilt, really beautiful.

Marie said...

The Convergence quilt is looking great! I love the sun rays. As for buying craft items I won't use in the near future, Yep. That's me. Buy, Buy, Buy. I should show you a photo of my craft room.

Hmmm...I really need to get back to crafting and Needlework Tuesdays...perhaps I'll start with a photo of the mess then show some crafts that come out of it.

I'll see how it goes.

By the way, I love the fabric that followed you home. It's beautiful.

Jenny Girl said...

I think the rays of the sun pull that quilt together nicely. Beautiful work!

I try not to buy craft supplies unless I have a plan. I have quite a few things sitting because I don't know what to do with them. But I do understand the pull something has on you :)

Mystica said...

Anyone crafty has the same issues. We all buy stuff to use "eventually".

sewnut said...

I am loving your convergence quilt. You will have to bring it to London sometime so I can see it up close.