Tuesday 15 November 2011

Needlework Tuesday - Those Flying Fingers

 Needlework Tuesday is open to all readers looking for inspiration, encouragement or who want to share their recent needlework project. Introduce yourself in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your current post. Feel free to grab the cute little mouse for your post.

Over this past week, my fingers have been ever so nimble and they have been flying along the yarns.  I love when I see the projects growing before my eyes.  I don't finish big projects all that often, and now that I am seeing these one nearing their end, I am getting excited. 




Over at The Kingdom of Coco, Grandma Coco has put up stitch pattern number 11.  It looks like the most challenging so far.  To the left is stitch 9, Farrow Rib.  Very simple to stitch, a two row repeat, though when taking the photo I noticed that I did make a mistake, right near the centre of the picture.  Oh well, can't go back and correct that one.

I have started pattern 10, Star Stitch.  At first it seemed a bit daunting with a 'purl 3 together' in every wrong side row, but those actually are going very well.  It's a four row repeat and I need to do nine in total.    Looks like I have three completed at this point.

I had a hard time putting down my snowflakes.  I'm almost finished row four. Yippee.  Two more after that, well, I do have to stitch the filler motifs as well, but they go rather quickly.  Good thing I bought seven skeins of the multi coloured yarn.  I just started the second ball of white, but am almost through with the fourth ball of the multi.

What are you up to this week? Anyone making ornaments?  I did some crochet ones many years ago and haven't attempted any since.   I would love to see photos of your stitched ornaments. 

3 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Hi Heather, re my War Of The World's post: Not an audio book in the usual sense, this is more a musical version. Sorry I don't know how to do live links in my comments but if you go to youtube and look for Jeff Wayne's War Of The Worlds you will get a taste.

Cheryl (Grandma Coco) said...

Hi Heather,
I'm not sure I can even see the mistake you say is there. Certainly not worth fixing! One more week to go!

Jenny Girl said...

Beautiful work! The blue squares...scarf or afghan? Like the contrasting colors.
As for snowflakes, I can see why they are hard to put down. so delicate.