Saturday 31 March 2012

Weekend Cooking - A Feast for the Eyes - or The Elmira Maple Syrup Festival


It's pancake time again in my neck of the woods.
Elmira, Ontario is celebrating. 
 According to Guinness World Records, they host the worlds largest one day Maple Syrup Festival.


Myself and daughter caught in the act.


 I won.


Fudge anyone?


The most amazing assortment of syrup bottles are available.
 


Suckers of every flavour.
 

Hubby's favourite, cheese curds.
 

I gather that wizards come to the festival for their turkey drumsticks.
 

The cinnamon rolls look good even before baking.


The bright green wasabi spread begged for a photo.  
It is just to darn vivid to put on food.
 

And to top it all off, spun maple sugar.

For more foodie fun, be sure to visit Beth Fish Reads for her Weekend Cooking.  You are invited to add a link to your recent food related post.

13 comments:

Libby said...

Thanks for taking us along to the Maple Syrup Festival! Maple syrup cotton candy sounds great! I think I would spend too much money buying all the cool bottles of syrup! BTW, your daughter and you really look alike :)

Carol @ Always Thyme to Cook said...

What a fantastic festival! I'd love spend the day with all things maple. I'd love to try that cotton candy!

(Diane) bookchickdi said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time! I grew up in central New York and love all of the festivals and fairs.

stujallen said...

thanks for sharing love the fudge used make fudge with my father when little always loved it ,all the best stu

Beth F said...

Oh my, thanks so much for this tour. I have never been to a maple festival but it's one of my favorite flavors. I need to pay attention next spring.

I loved seeing all the different bottles.

Uniflame said...

I just love all the pictures you made :) It is always so nice to look at food pictures from other places than home :)

Peggy Ann said...

What fun was had by all! Our Maple festival isn't as nice as yours!

Joy Weese Moll said...

Wow! What a fun festival. Loved the pictures, especially all the sizes and shapes of syrup bottles!

Marg said...

This looks like so much fun! Thanks for taking us with you!

caite said...

oh, that sounds like great fun, especially as I am a great fan of maple syrup.
And turkey legs. :-)

SprungAtLast said...

Maple Syrup Cotton Candy - all I can say is yum! What a fun day.

Roslyn said...

I would go just for the cinnamon rolls!

Esme said...

I cannot believe I missed a maple syrup festival-I just had some Canadian maple syrup on my pancakes.