Tuesday 13 March 2012

Needlework Tuesday - It's a Winner


 Needlework Tuesday is open to all readers looking for inspiration, encouragement or who want to share their recent needlework project. Introduce yourself in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your current post. Feel free to grab the cute little mouse for your post.

Thank-you to all my readers who took the time to vote for me in the Sew-Sisters Bargain Lovers Challenge.  I was fortune to receive and Honorable Mention.  There were so many wonderful entries, I'm sure you had a hard time choosing your favorite.  The projects are still posted should you want/need a second look.
The same day I received notice that I had won with Sew-Sisters, I had an email saying that I had won a magazine from Quiltmaker's.  They were launching their newest special edition magazine, Quilts from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks,  that features quilts from their wildly popular 100 Blocks Magazines.  It arrived today, though I haven't had even a chance to browse through it yet.


 I did get some stitching time this week.  I was working on my Bird's Nest Cowl.  I have a few ends to work in, but it's done.  It feels very nice on my neck.  It's a baby alpaca and silk blend.  The length is supposed to be about 17 inches from cast on to cast off.  I decided not to block it as when I wear it, it will be all scrunched up anyway.
Do you remember that last week I found myself in an odd cleaning frenzy, well, it mostly abated, though I did leave me with an almost un-manageable pile of scraps.  I set to work with my Marti Michell templates and cut, and cut and cut.  Then I cut some more and ended up with these little stacks.  Almost enough for a wall hanging.  Now don't congratulate me for cutting all of them, I had cut many of them ages ago and they were sitting in a baggie waiting for more cutting time.

How did you do with your projects this week.  Did you find some stitching time.  Share with me in the comments section.  Better yet, leave me a link to the post and photos.  I love photos.

4 comments:

Martha @ Hey, I want to read that said...

See, this is why I don't think I have the patients for quilting, I'm looking and all the cutting and know I would give up less than half way. Good for you, I can't wait to see what kind of wall hanging comes from all that work.

Roslyn Atwood said...

Not sure if my comment went through Heather but you are VERY brave to use templates.

Peggy Ann said...

Heather, you might enjoy the post Katrina did lately on a stitching show she went to in Scotland. Beautiful quilts! Here is the link to one post you'll have to go back a few for the others. http://piningforthewest.co.uk/2012/03/17/more-creative-stitches/

Paulina said...

Belated congratulations on being among the winners in the Sew-Sisters contest!