Sunday 18 March 2012

The Art of Pixar: 100 Collectible Postcards

In 2005 Disney and Chronicle Books published this collection of Pixar images in celebration of Pixar's 20th Anniversary.  It is comprised of one hundred high quality, full colour postcards printed on thick card stock.  When I ordered this set, I imagined that it would be 100 images taken from the various Pixar animated movies.  It is a lot more.  Below you will find a sampling of the types of images included.
This first set are actual images taken from two films.
The first image is a 'story board' from Cars by Joe Ranft.
The second is from Toy Story and it is 'concept art' by Ralph Eggleston.
This set shows actual film posters.
 The Monsters, Inc. one is from Japan.
The Incredibles poster is from Korea.

The final set are referred to as 'art'.  The car image is by John Lee and Nat McLaughlin.  The Incredible Family is by Paul Topolos.

Leave a comment telling me your favourite Pixar movie or character, and one lucky person will receive in the mail my choice of postcard. I must have a means of contacting you, so leave your email in your comment in the form: name at mail service dot com.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Oh...I can't remember the name...but it is that house one with the little boy scout and old man.

It is amazing the creativity of people and what the mind can come up with.

Martha @ Hey, I want to read that said...

It would be so hard for me to pick just one. If I had to it would still be a toss up between the Toy Story series (I think of them all together) and Up. I can pick a favorite short though. It Partly Cloudy. If you don't remember you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7jqPLv7F2M

stujallen said...

oh love these I got penguin covers one a few years ago I ll have to see if I can get these ,all the best stu