Tuesday 6 March 2012

Needlework Tuesday - Floral Border

  Needlework Tuesday is open to all readers looking for inspiration, encouragement or who want to share their recent needlework project. Introduce yourself in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your current post. Feel free to grab the cute little mouse for your post.

I am feeling a little out of sorts this week.  I don't know what it is, but it has compelled me to spend hours with my vacuum sucking up dust and all sorts of matter scattered on any vacuumable surface in my house.  This is a malady that strikes me at very random moments, lasts for a few days and then quietly slinks away.  I have vacuumed all the usual: carpets, stairs, baseboards, then I started on the walls and grooved wood surfaces including door and cabinets, next it will be the light fixtures, help, stop me before I get to my sewing areas.  Those little cut bits could become vacuum fodder far too easily.

During this illness I did very little stitching.  I did manage to stitch around all the flowers in the border fabric.  I took my time, working a section at a time, and it turned out lovely.  Tried to take an angled photo so you could see that the flowers now 'puff out'.  The binding is cut and pressed and waiting to be sewn on.  This is my first time using a bias cut binding.


Thank-you to all who voted for my quilt.  I truly appreciate your support.  It was entered in a contest at  the Sew Sisters website. Voting ends at some point this evening.

Did you have a more productive week that I did?  Leave me a comment and let me know what you've been working on.

Roslyn at Ros-The-Quilter has added a few more borders to her quilt and is now ready to put it all together.
Rikki at Rikki's Teleidoscope has complete a crochet and beaded necklace.
Elly at Mad4Patchwork has finished her 'mug rugs' way early for St. Patrick's Day.

7 comments:

Colleen said...

Next time you're feeling this illness coming on, let me know. I'd be happy to invite you over until you recover!

Roslyn said...

I love that quilt & I voted for you Heather! Hope you win.

Martha @ Hey, I want to read that said...

I voted and my fingers are crossed. I hope you're feeling better. And oh my goodness, I love this quilt, it is too adorable. It makes me happy just looking at it I can only imagine how happy you would be snuggling under it. Great work.

Deanna said...

Such a nice example of what quilting does for the quilt.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Such pretty colours. Here's hoping you did well in the Sew Sisters competition.

Cheryl (Grandma Coco) said...

Congratulations on winning one of the prizes! I'm happy for you.

Anonymous said...

I have seen the quilt, the real quilt not just a picture and it is bright and cheerful. The flowers stand right out.

Great job Heather

Mom