Sunday 20 December 2009

Magazine: shameless: for girls who get it


This is one of the coolest, most pertinent magazines I have read. It is directed at teens and young women, though also has appeal to older readers.
.
When I was a teen, magazine fodder was aimed at which actor we should idolize and which fashions we should slave at our minimum wage jobs to purchase. This one encourages us to use our brains, to think and to act on our decisions. It aims to include all women/girls/trans sexuals. It doesn't exclude.
.
I visited their website, and though it says the pictured issue is the current one, when I read further, there have been subsequent ones. They are also working toward and online version (?).
.
thanks to my online friend Kathleen Molloy, author of 'Dining with Death' for sending this along to me and my daughter.
.

1 comment:

Hunter said...

Grown up women's magazines should consider having real content instead of ads.

Would love to see one of these magazines.

Darilyn