Monday 7 December 2009

The Bride Thief by Jacquie D'Alessandro

I needed a change of pace the other day and while searching through my mound of book yet to be read I came across this interesting looking Romance. I caught this at a Bookcrossing meeting at some point and had stashed it away.

The book is set in 1820's England. The main character, Samantha Briggeham is being forced into a marriage that she doesn't want. During a walk home from her fiance's, she is abducted by a man claiming to be 'The Bride Thief' who offers to save her from having to marry a man not of her choosing.

This was a new plot to me and it sounded interesting so I read on. I enjoyed the story, it had enough twists and turns to keep my interest and I was curious how the author would manage to bring these two together.

What I mainly get from reading a romance in lessons in how not to communicate. Most issues in this type of book result from the characters not being open with each other and this novel was no different.

Author Jacquie D'Alessandro has quite a number of titles to her credit so it's possible that I'll come across another of her books and would willing read it.

1 comment:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

What I mainly get from reading a romance ..... lessons in how not to communicate.

You have hit the nail on the head, Heather and in one sentence said all that I dislike and find frustrating about romances. That and the usually weak, simpering heroines of the story.