Friday 24 December 2010

Prizes in my Mailbox

What a pleasure it was to go to my mailbox the other day and find two parcels.  Not items I had ordered as gifts, but prizes I had won.  Wow.  Without even opening them, they made my day. 

First photo shows the wonderful gift I received from Meagan.  I had won a contest on her blog Snippets & Yarns from Turtle Bottom.   She had made her son some neat fabric luggage tags and she was offering to make one for one of her readers.  I was quite surprised to learn I had won.  The luggage tag was specifically made to match the tote bags I made to carry my fencing equipment.   Knowing that I am always reading and reviewing recipes, Meagan included a book, Glazed Murder: A Donut Shop Mystery  by Jessica Beck.   This is going to be a wonderful holiday read.  There is also a luscious piece of orange quilt cotton.  I will definitely be including that in my orange version of the Dear Jane Quilt.

While I was ambling along through numerous blogs one day I came across a link to Pocket Posh Books, a brand of Andrews McMeel Publishing.  These are an assortment of pocket size ( 4 x 6 inch) books with gorgeous covers. My prize included three sudoku books, a crossword puzzle book and a jumble crossword book.  Did I tell you that they are gorgeous?  These are definitely gift quality books.  I have seen them locally in shops and will be purchasing more of them.  I would feel bad keeping all these to myself,  and will be adding them to a few Christmas stockings.  Oh it will be sad to let go of them, but I know the future recipients will enjoy them.

2 comments:

(M)ary said...

I would love one of those pocket posh puzzle books! I carried around a big book of crosswords for 2 years, by the end it was missing a cover and warped from coffee spills. Actually, I may not deserve something posh considering how beat up my reading material and puzzles get!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you received the package! I wasn't sure how long it would take to get to you, since I'd never mailed to Canada before :-)

I hope you enjoy the book ~ please let me know how they turn out, if you try any of her recipes!!

~ Meagan