Wednesday 26 January 2011

Kiss at Your Own Risk by Stephanie Rowe

Fun, fun, fun and even more fun.  I can't recall the last time I read a book and had so much fun. 

Trinity Harpswell has been a 'Black Widow' since the time she was abducted as an infant.  If she kills one more man that she loves, this transformation will become permanent.


Blaine Underhill was imprisoned by an evil witch 150 years ago.  The witch's intent had been to turn him into the perfect male; cultured, sensitive to a woman's needs, skilled warrior, and skilled in the domestic arts.  Desperation has forced Blaine and his friends to make one last break for freedom.

Trinity and Blaine find that they must join forces if they are to achieve their goals, but will each survive the other.

I loved this book.  It was so funny, but it also had tender moments that brought tears to my eyes.  I had no problems believing that witches and cursed people existed alongside 'normal' people and that they could easily interact every day. 

It was interesting to watch the various women in the story and listen to what they said they wanted in a man: strong, protective, sensitive, domestic, attentive to her every needs, dominant.  At first I was confused by this.  I had thought that the author was introducing a strong woman who would be able to handle whatever came her way.  In the end, it seems that you can have all those attributes.  There are the public and private moments of each of the characters' lives and they wanted different facets of their men at different times and in different situations.

Stephanie has over twenty published novels in several different genre.  I am looking forward to reading more of her works.

Visit Stephanie Rowe's website
Thanks to Sourcebooks for my review copy.

Black Widow Spider photo courtesy Markley's Pest Elimination Services Inc.

Visit Bookcrossing.com to see where in the world this book is being read and released.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is not my typical read but wow, does it sound like fun. I'm going to have to add it to my TBR list for sure.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Sounds wonderful, Im away to add it to my wish list.