Monday 7 January 2013

My 1000 th Post

This is it, the biggie, post 1000.  It's been five years in the making. 

Thank-you to my many readers who have encouraged me over the years and have kept me excited about blogging.

This past year and a half have been the hardest.  First my dear nephew passed away (July 4, 2011) and then my father passed away (September 20, 2012) after a year long battle with Multiple Myeloma.  These events have both weighed heavily on me and have called for a lot of personal time for reflection.  I have realized that my life is good.  I love my husband, my children and happy and healthy and succeeding in their lives.  These are the things that I have always said that I wanted and I am deeply satisfied with that.

I am looking forward to my next 1000 posts and in sharing parts of my life with you, my readers and many cases, my online friends.  Tomorrow I leave for Las Vegas, where I will be attending the Consumer Electronics Show.  I'll be checking out the latest in tablets, and ebook readers.  I will definitely be sharing my finds with you.

Over the past five years, my blog has grown and I feel that it truly reflects me.  A little reading, cooking and needlework crafts.  My Needlework Tuesday post has shared my many varied experiments with the needle: knitting, crochet, embroidery, sewing and quilting.  First Nations Friday has been an occasion post where I have reviewed books by aboriginal authors.  I would like this to become a more frequent post and to expand and include authors from more countries.  My culinary adventures are continuing in either Recipe Thursday or Weekend Cooking, which are usually linked with Weekend Cooking meme hosted by Beth Fish Reads.

In return, I have received much companionship from my readers.  I love all of your comments and visiting with you at your blogs.  Some have gotten to know me so well, that I will receive private emails with words of encouragement and links to stories and images I might enjoy.  Thank-you.

I invite all my readers and friends to join me, starting next week for a celebration of the past 1000 posts.  I am planning an assortment of special posts and contests that you won't want to miss.

Sincerely
Heather

11 comments:

Anya said...

Congratulations on your 1000th post, Heather... I look forward to reading the next 1000!

Marie said...

Congratulations Heather! You have an awesome blog.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Well done and here's looking forward to your next 1000.

Linda said...

Congrats Heather! An amazing milestone. I love your blog.

Colleen said...

Congratulations, Heather. Yours was one of the first blogs I ever read. Now it's one of the many that I follow. I've enjoyed it all along.

Mystica said...

Congratulations! all the very best

Jules said...

Congrats on your 1000th post!

Anonymous said...

well done on a thousand post some going ,all the best stu

Rikki said...

Congrats on your 1000th post. Way to go!

Nancy said...

woohoo sister dearest good job, keep it up xox

Paulina said...

Congratulations on your 1000th post, Heather! I love reading your blog.