Wednesday 21 August 2013

Needlework Tuesday - Fabric shopping with Mom


Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.
 
Wow, last week sure was busy.  Eight solid days of volunteering take a toll.  Not only was I at at the race during the day, but in the afternoon and the evening I was shopping for the next days supplies and then cooking up a storm.  One day I prepared eight dishes.  That was a personal best. Somehow I did manage to sneak in a tiny bit of sewing.  I was able to finish 5 small churn dash blocks (photos next week). 
 
I spent Monday and Tuesday with my son and mother.  After dropping son off, we headed to the fabric store.  I am looking for two metres of a yellow and blue print for a baby quilt.  No luck so far.  WE visited two shops and I did find some other fabrics that jumped out at me.  Later at my mom's, I went through her stash and found a bit to help with my churn dash project.  I found 3 dozen fabrics that will work well.


I'm also getting ready to start a new project.  A co-worker of my sister was flooded out of his house during the floods in High River, Alberta.  It's been almost two months and he's still not back in his house.  I want to do something, but being so far away, it's hard to help.  I do have a set of quilt blocks that were made for charity.  They have been sitting here for ages waiting to be made into a quilt.  Perfect.  I am going to use these four fabrics as frames around each block and then put them together.  should be enough for a large lap quilt. 

 These are the twenty blocks that I am going to work with.  It will be nice and bright and hopefully welcoming.

The hot weather is back again, a good end to summer.  My daughter has two weeks till school, so a bit of summer weather is appreciated.  Are you stitching this week or are you back-to-school shopping?

Tami at Just One More Thing has been stitching little aprons.  very cute.

2 comments:

Tami said...

How fun to get to fabric shop with your Mom, and to raid her stash. That orange with the large swirls would work well at my house. :)

Can't wait to see your finished project.

Marie said...

Great fabrics! I particularly like the orange and purple ones. A welcome home quilt is a great idea. It's so nice of you to help them out. Hopefully, they'll be home soon.

I didn't do any crafting/needlework this week other than catch up on my temperature scarf. Too much yard work to do. I should have a NT post with photos next week.