Tuesday 17 September 2013

Needlework Tuesday - Up in Stitches


Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.
On Sunday, I posted a special update of my mother's quilt projects.  I keep referring to them in my posts, and finally remembered to take my camera.  Elaine Tucker's current quilt projects.

 I finally got started on the machine quilting of this colourful project.  I am using a variegated thread, pinks through orange to yellow.  The design is from Leah Day.  It's a beginner level motif called Echo Shell.

 On Saturday, I attended the knitting show in Kitchener, Ontario that was hosted by the Kitchener-Waterloo Knitters Guild.  Lots of wonderful eye candy, of which I brought very little home.  I have so many projects sitting here already, I only bought small items.  These three are kits from Black Sheep and Ewe.  I love the idea that everything except the needles is  in the bag. Since they don't photograph well in the bag, check the next photo to better view the yarns/wools.

Also bought these two stray balls of yarn to make a little scarf for son's girlfriend.  She loves pink, any pink.

Today I am spending the day with my mother.  The dialysis unit at the hospital where my dad had his cancer treatments is holding a memorial service for those patients that passed away over the past year.

3 comments:

Tami said...

Beautiful quilting. I like the variegated thread.

I've moved to only purchasing kits for cross stitch projects. Everything in one bag is a great time and money saver.

Hope you and your mom had a wonderful day remembering your father.

Threeundertwo said...

I love all the colors in this post. I want to see what you make with the skein of yarn in the middle. I have a post to link up today! http://litandlaundry.blogspot.com/2013/09/santas-village-house-number-8.html

Marie said...

Great finds, Heather. I especially like the orange/khaki/brown yarn.

I also really like the quilt. That thread is cool as is the Echo Shell pattern.

I'm looking forward to seeing your finished projects.