Tuesday 12 August 2014

Needlework Tuesday - The Long and Winding Scarf


This is the view that greeted me Monday morning when I opened my front door.  My neighbour is Race Director for the Endurrun International , a seven stage 160 km running race, and yesterday was the second stage, a 16 km time trial.  In that style of race, the runner start one minute apart, slowest runner first and the very fastest runner last.  It's a big chase.  A very dramatic race to watch the end when the runners are catching up with each other.  I have volunteered at this race series for at least the last ten years. It totally fills my week, hence very little stitching of any sort.  I spend the week cooking for both the participants and volunteers.  This year we expect to feed over 100 people each day.


I did manage to fit in a wee bit of time to work on my temperature scarves. This section represents the temperatures for May.  On the left is my scarf for the Waterloo area.  On the right is the mystery location, which I'll reveal once it has been given to the intended recipient.

I hope that you've had a bit more stitching time than me.  Leave me a comment and I'll drop by for a visit, or add a link to your recent needlework post.

5 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Love the scarf, the colors are great together. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

Roslyn said...

The temperature driven colors of the scarves are fun, if I had time for more knitting I would try one! In AZ there would be a lot of warm colors.
I have linked with my little needlework project, an iPod case and I already have an order for one after taking it to the gym this morning!

Marie said...

I'm really loving that fringe, Heather. Your colours are so vibrant. Very nice!! I think I might finally have a guess for that mystery location. I'll let you know if I was right after the reveal.

I did some knitting this week and have a blog post to prove it. ;)
Have a great week.

Kate said...

Knitting is a fine activity for Race volunteers. Easy to set aside and pick up again.

Tami said...

Sounds like a very good cause you are volunteering for. Good reason to lay aside your stitching for a bit. The scarves are beautiful.

Sorry I haven't been around to participate in the Zentangle or sewing memes for awhile. Lots of changes at our house lately, and I've been a bit scattered. But I'll be back. I have been stitching so I'll have a lot to show. :)