Saturday 23 August 2014

Evolution by Kelly Carrero

Australian author Kelly Carrero has written a book that I had a hard time putting down.  It was written with a YA audiencei n mind and  includes a genetic twist, romance, family strife and a friend who needs to be rescued. 

Jade Sommers has miraculously survived and accident that should have killed her, yet she leaves the hospital without a scarce.  In fact, she watches the last cut heal right before her eyes.  Needless to say, she is freaked out by this.  Her boyfriend Aiden is a rock, he provides the stability that she needs at this crucial time.

Each time I thought I had a handle on what was going on, Kelly threw in a new twist and I'd be left on the edge of my seat.  As many answers as were supplied, there were new questions and mysteries about  both Jade and Aiden.

Most of the story is focused around Jade and her discovery of her new awareness.  We briefly meet the adults in hers and Aiden's lives, though I suspect that they will play a greater role in future parts of this series.  I am certainly looking forward to more books from author Kelly Carrero.

Evolution Series:
  1.  Evolution  (at time of posting, this ebook is free at some online retailers)
  2.  Tormented
  3. Deception
  4. Vengeance

Thanks to author Kelly Carrero for use of the cover image.


2 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

An author I'm sure I've heard of and yet can't think why as none of the books ring a bell, only the name.

Anyway, with its themes of romance, family strife and a friend who needs to be rescued plus a genetic twist this sounds like a book I'd enjoy.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the review Heather. Love it! :)