Thursday 14 August 2014

Tangled Thursday - Duos

I may be a bit late today in posting my Zentangle tile, though I did spend a lot of time thinking about how I wanted to approach this challenge from Diane.  She proposed that we choose two tangles that were new to us, and use them and more if wanted on the same tile.

 I choose seven new to me tangles, drew them in my sketch book and then gave it to my daughter.  I asked her to draw lines connecting the ones that I should use together.

So far, I have completed one of these and more will follow through out the weekend.


Checkered Zag & Eye-wa





Welcome to Tangled Thursday.  A few of my local and online friends have joined me in an occasional Zentangle challenge.  We'll take turns choosing a theme  and them post our drawings in about 2 weeks time.  All are welcome to join in the fun.  If you are new to Zentangles, then visit the website for a complete explanation and all sorts of online resources.  I'm also a big fan of TanglePatterns.com.
 

Update: August 15 at 8:03pm.

I finished two additional tiles with combinations chosen by daughter.

Drup and Warped Eggs

Yincut and Kitchener
 I couldn't resist Kitchener since it is a town next to where I live.
I hope that you had a change to try some new to you tangles this past week.  Mister Linky is waiting below for you to add a link to your current Zentangle related post.  

 

3 comments:

dianeclancy said...

Heather - what a cool way to do this!! :) Wonderful choice!! I am eager to see more if you do them :)

~ Diane Clancy
http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2014/08/2-new-tangles-entry-tangled-thursday/

Tami said...

I love the idea of having your daughter match up the pairs - adds another bit of challenge. I especially like "Drup and Warped Eggs" - it looks so 3-dimensional.

I actually got my drawing pens back out over the weekend, so hopefully I'll find time to zentangle this week and join the meme.

dianeclancy said...

Just checking to make sure all is well!! Did I break this challenge? :) :)