Tuesday 28 April 2015

Needlework Tuesday - Merrily stitching along

As I was preparing to write this post, I didn't think there was much I had to share.  My last week had been busy and it cut into my stitching time.  Next I needed to take some photos and that got me thinking about the projects I had worked on.  It still surprises me how much can be accomplished by a few minutes of stitching here and there.  That is exactly how it happened with me last week.  I started a new crochet project.  I had bought the yarn early in the winter and was looking forward to making this poncho up for spring.

 Now that the rumours of spring approaching are becoming true, I wanted to get started.  The pattern is Dudonnet Poncho and it's free from Red Heart.  It calls for three balls of Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable.  I choose the colour named Tidal.  I've finished the front collar and already learned two new stitches, cable and arrow.  The row of grey near the bottom of the photo is a cable.  The arrow runs along the middle of the panel, though it's hard to see in this photo.   I'm using a 5.25 mm crochet hook, so it will be nice and lacy.


 Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.
 Since September, my local quilt guild has been doing a block of the month program.  We had themes to select from, and I chose the Japanese one.  I have ten blocks complete and two more to go.  Then we are to use them in a project.  We can make additional blocks and use the ones we like and leave out those that don't fit in.  I'm not sure where this is going to take me, but it will be fun to figure it out.
I've found a bit of time to work on Sophie's Universe.  I've finished row 39.  I am loving the challenge of this project.  Some rows are much easier than others.  I stopped at this point as row 40 looks like it needs much more concentration that some of the others.  I usually knit and crochet while watching television.  that will be too distracting for this next row.  No fear though, I will get at in the next few days.

One row doesn't seem like much in this afghan, but it does bring me that much closer to finishing.  I am definitely the tortoise in this race.

Are you a  tortoise or hare when it comes to your projects?

Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current needlework post.

1 comment:

Roslyn said...

Well I think I had a very productive last week but this one not so much! I have to ensure that my longarm is in top gear and I am not sure of that until I talk to the tech- they are 3 hours ahead so I often miss them when I have a busy morning.
I love the colors in your crochet and knitting, I am not any good at patterns just plain knitting and crochet.