Thursday 16 April 2015

Tangled Thursday - No Paper Allowed

This week's challenge is to use a medium other than a flat sheet of paper or a traditional Zentangle tile to draw your tangles.Go wild. Use fabric, flower pots, glass window, if you can draw on it, then it's fair game.

Last visit in New Zealand, we visited the Sculpture Gardens north of Helensville. 
We learned about it from a random online search and were pleased to find this hidden gem.

 This large installation, made of stone and wood chips, reminds me of Zentangles. It's kind of hard to see with the shadows and sunlight, but worth taking a look.

Welcome to Tangled Thursday.  A few of my online friends have joined me in an occasional Zentangle challenge.  We'll take turns choosing a theme which I'll post here on my blog.  At that time, I'll add Mister Linky and invite you to add a link to your drawing using that them.  I'll leave the linky open till the next challenge is posted, usually two weeks. Any one who participates could be contacted to decide our next challenge.

I didn't have a garden to play with, but the wooden dragonfly was fun.  I decided to use the same tangle, Fingers variation, on each wing. The central body is Twizted, from the challenge issued by Elaine two weeks ago.  To fill in between the wings, I used Florz.

I am quite pleased with how my Tanglefly turned out.

I have second one waiting to take flight, hopefully by next week.

Did you have a chance to tangle not on paper, Mister Linky is waiting below.  If you don't have a blog, email me your photo and I'll post it below.

2 comments:

Lin said...

I think that your tanglefly is beautiful. xx

dianeclancy said...

This is very lovely!! I have been thinking and thinking but nothing comes to mind for me to do. I hadn't realized that this challenge had been posted :) I love this!!

~ Diane Clancy
http://www.DianeClancy.com/blog