Tuesday 13 October 2015

Needlework Tuesday - Great idea for a hostess gift


I'm away this week and wanted to leave a short post.
I made two of these pillowcases as a thank-you to my aunt and uncle for hosting me during my visit to them this week.  My aunt likes elephants and I recalled that I had purchased this fabric years ago to make her something, but it got shuffled to the bottom of the stack and forgotten.

I cut the fabric to ensure that the elephants were marching across the bed once on the pillows.  I have no doubt that she'll like them.

There are many posts on the net with instructions on how to sew pillow cases. Some even have pieced bands along the outside edge.  They are a great idea for a last minute gift.  Make one in a solid fabric and have guests at a children's party sign with permanent marker. (remember to put paper between the layers).  Send one to school with your college student to be signed by dorm mates.  So many uses.

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

Do you have a last minute gift that you turn to time an again. I'd love to hear about it.  Leave a comment or better yet, link up below with Mister Linky to your post about that project.
 

6 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Beautiful pillow. I usually have some blocks or a quilt top around to put together a lap quilt for a gift. Have a great day!

Threeundertwo said...

I think pillowcases are great gifts. Love that elephant fabric!

Kate said...

I have made lots of pillowcases, they are quick and fun. I like the one you made.

Roslyn said...

I think pillow covers are a nice hostess gift but I never think of them!

Roslyn said...

I think pillow covers are a nice hostess gift but I never think of them!

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Love the Elephants. So cute! I usually have some loose blocks or a quilt top around to make a lap quilt for a last minute gift. Have a great day!