Tuesday 20 October 2015

Needlework Tuesday - T-Shirt Quilt

 I am back from my trip,  though i did plan this post ahead of time.

This is the quilt that was given away after the Laurier Loop race during the Wilfrid Laurier University  Homecoming weekend.  It is made with t-shirts from a variety of races organized by Run Waterloo.  The border colours are that of the university.

I can't take credit for making it.  There is a lovely lady in Elmira, Ontario who makes all the race quilts.  Most of the races offer a quilt prize which is usually given by a random drawing.



Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

My mom will soon be making a t-shirt quilt for a friend. Since neither of us have any experience making one, i am turning to my readers for any suggestions.  Please leave a comment or a link to  post showing a t-shirt quilt that you own or have made.

 

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Beautiful Quilt! Love border colors. Sorry I can't help with your t shirt project. I've always wanted make one, but have never attempted it. Have a great day!

Roslyn said...

I have quilted several Tshirt quilts including this one for a fireman.
It is wise to use a very lightweight fusible on the knit squares to stabilize their stretchiness, and a very lightweight batt because these can get very heavy. Sashing is not mandatory depending on the number of shirts and the desired size of the finished quilt. Not a difficult process, the original cutting of the shirts is a bit time consuming.
Here is the link for the fireman's quilt.
http://ros-the-quilter.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-fireman-quilt.html

Threeundertwo said...

I've never tackled a t-shirt quilt. That one is really well done. Great border idea. Thanks for hosting the link-up.