Tuesday 12 April 2016

Needlework Tuesday - Eagle Eyes in the Sewing Room

My readers are wonderful. Thanks for those who left comments on the contest in last weeks Needlework post.  I use my imagination with all my stitching and drawing and I was happy to read your creative answers to what I am making.  I didn't have a chance to do any more work on it, but I do have a proper photo to share.

Guesses of what I am making ranged from: a turtle, a basket and a sun hat.  Great guesses ladies.

 yes, it's a turtle. She's a fair size and will be joined by her baby at a later date.  I still have to do some finish up and add a lovely bow.  I do think that she needs prettier eyes.  That tiny printed eye is just too plain along side her pretty shell.

I used Random.org to select the winner which is Kate.  I will contact her privately to see whether she wants me to make something for her or a book prize from Book Depository.com.

Stay tuned as I'll be having another contest shortly to celebrate my 1500 th blog post.

 Daughter was home on the weekend and she modelled her new socks.  They fit perfectly.

The back of the leg has one repeat of the motif and the bottom features a ribbed area for a better fit.  She says it is quite comfortable as is the short row heel turn.  I'll be using both of those techniques again.

 With the socks complete, time for a new project.  I am making the Radiance Shawl from Knitwhits using Freia long gradient wool.   Lots of counting, but a lovely design with a twelve row pattern repeat. 



Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current needlework post.

 

6 comments:

Kate said...

The socks turned out well.
The yarn for the shawl looks very pretty. I look forward to seeing it knit.

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
The Turtle is adorable. Love those socks.
Congrats to Kate for winning the guess.
Have a great day!

Lin said...

I missed last weeks post as we were away but I love your turtle and yes, do give her some prettier eyes. Lovely socks and a pretty shawl pattern. xx

Lin said...

Trying hard to join your linky but it does not want to know!!

Roslyn said...

Love the socks and the turtle is cute too-or is it a tortoise?

Heidi said...

Oh, she is so SWEET!
I adore those socks. My MIL knitted my favorite pair of socks for me & I wear them for 'special occasions'. Quite frequently, that is!