Wednesday 4 August 2010

July WrapUp -

July was a good month for reading.  I ventured into a number of different genre and a few new to me authors.  Always good to try new authors.

Author Drew Hayden Taylor is a member of the Curve Lake Nation.  While visiting there I had to buy a book of one of his plays. 
Motorcycles & Sweetgrass by Drew Hayden Taylor (review posted August7, 2010)
The Bootlegger Blues by Drew Hayden Taylor (to be read)

Jessica Z by Shawn Klomparens (review posted August 6, 2010)

Why AC/DC Matters by Anthony Bozza (review pending)
Odd Hours by Dean Koontz (review posted August 20, 2010) I love the character of Odd and couldn't wait any longer to read this one.
Hero by Cheryl Brooks (just released, review posted August 8, 2010)

The Value of Nothing by Raj Patel (currently reading)

Dolly by Dolly Parton (to be read)
I bought this one while camping last week. I had read a short interview with Ms. Parton and was intriqued and just had to find her memoirs.



Turning the Tables by Rita Rudner (to be read). I bought this during the same camping trip. It is signed by the author.

While cottaging this weekend, we happened onto a street long yard sale.  Luck for me there were a few books. 
The Call of the Wild by Jack London (previously read and reviewed, bought for daughter)
Maneaters of Kumon by Jim Corbett (to be read) This was free at one of the houses.  The cover picture was interesting enough to make me want to bring it home.

1 comment:

Miri said...

WOW! You really do read alot!

On Tuesday, I'm reviewing something a little different by Jack London, "The Scarlet Plague".