Tuesday 31 August 2010

Needlework Tuesday

It feels like it's been weeks since I did any sewing.  Well, it has been at least that long.  As I have mentioned, I've been working at clearing out my sewing room so that I can turn it into a bedroom for my niece who is staying with us for a few months.  While packing one of the many boxes, I came across the makings of a small quilt tucked into a large ziploc bag.  I set that aside and continued to work.

I found that bag again last friday  and determined to sew it up.  All the blocks were sewn together into strips and the sashing fabrics were in the bag.

I can't recall if I made the original double 4patch blocks.  I think that they were given to me to use in a charity quilt.  The first border is actually a lovely purple rose colour, in the photo it appears brown.  Measures 45 1/2 inches wide by 54 inches long.  I am thinking that I might do the quilting and use it to practice a new pattern.

I didn't get any knitting or crocheting done, though I did buy a copy of the latest Interweave Knits.  I haven't bought this one previously though I will definitely buy it again in the future.

4 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

As always a job well done, the quilt is beautiful.

Marie said...

This is lovely. I love the main floral print.

Peaceful Reader said...

It's lovely! I have a hard time finding time to knit as well. Too much reading, I guess!

Kathy said...

What a nice find! It sounds like it would make a nice lap quilt.