Tuesday 7 September 2010

Needlework Tuesday

As you can see from the picture, the snowflake afghan is growing.  Now past the half way point. Yippee.  When finished it will be 7 large snowflakes by 6 large snowflakes.  When I was at the half way point I draped it over me when I was sitting on the sofa and it just covered me.  It is going to be a warm blankie.  Mind you, it was over 33C outside, though i did have the air conditioning on.  I am working away on the remaining seventeen large snowflakes needed for finishing.

That part of my stitching week went very well, it was the other portion that was much more traumatic.  The end of the labour day weekend was the target I had set for emptying my sewing room and turning it into a bedroom for my niece.   I am amazed at the number of boxes of supplies and partly finished projects that I removed from that room.  Oh my.  I didn't know I could start and not finish so many things.  Over the next weeks/months I share some of these with you as I work to complete them.  I did find a nice piece of floral fabric that I'll use in the small quilt I showed you last week.  It would have all been so much easier if I had disciplined myself to finish a project before starting the next.

Any suggestions on finishing projects would be greatly appreciated.  Or, share with me your  project that been sitting unfinished for ages.  I know I'm not the only one.  After I finish quilting that floral quilt, I think I will work on that black and purple quilt....  Be sure to come back next week for photos.

No comments: