Wednesday 8 September 2010

my little red book by Rachel Kauder Nalebuff


I loved this book.  Every story, every page, every word.  I cried, I laughed, and then I cried again as I read these heart felt narratives.  I want a dozen copies to give to all the important women (young ones included) in my life, wait, better make that two dozen.

This book contains dozens of stories of womens' first period.  It is an international collection that range back decades.  It's about time I had a book like this to read and re-read and to share with friends.

The author, Rachel Kauder Nalebuff is donating the royalties from this book to support organizations working to advance women's health and education.

Thank-you to Rachel for putting together such a wonderful collection.  Now rush out and buy a copy of this book for yourself, for your daughter and your grand daughter etc. 

Thanks to Marie at Daisy's Book Journal for hosting the contest where I won this book.  Read Marie's review of my little red book .

4 comments:

Amy said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you loved this book. I also loved it :) Isn't it just a marvelous collection? I, too, wish I could give a copy to everyone!

Marie said...

Thanks Heather. It's such a great book. I'm glad you loved it as much as I did.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Thanks for the recommendation.

Teddy Rose said...

I have this book. I really must get to it!!