Wednesday 22 September 2010

Evernnight by Claudia Gray

Bianca has moved from the only home she knows and now lives with her teacher parents at Evernight Academy.  Something feels very wrong to her and she just doesn't want to be there another minute.  While trying to run away, she literally runs into fellow student Lucas Ross. 

This is one of those books that immediately gets right into the meat of the story.  I can't say any more about it without giving away plot.  Right from the first page I couldn't put this book down.  I want more.  Fortunately for me, author Claudia Gray (Amy Vincent in the non-book world) has written several more books in this series.

I liked the characters of Bianca and Lucas.  She appears to have lead a sheltered life, but knows things that most 'normal' teens wouldn't.  Lucas is much more worldly and has been exposed to much beyond his years.  That doesn't mean that they don't see that special something in the other person.  As for what that could possibly be, you'll have to read to find out.  I'll give you a wee hint and say that this is not your typical vampire story. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

not sure this is one for me valerie ,but just had say I love the cover of the book very pretty ,all the best stu

Heather said...

You're right Stu, i wouldn't suggest this one for you. There is a nice red on red image in the cover that didn't show up in my photo.

Jill said...

Ooh - sounds intriguing. Thanks for not giving too much away! I've added it to the list.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

I'm intrigued by what you didn't say for fear of giving away some of the story. I love the cover of this book, so simple and yet beautiful.

Heather said...

HI Petty,
This is one of those books that starts in on the action right away almost from the first page. You get more details on the characters as the story continues instead of up front.

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Sounds intriguing, although I personally don't like vampire books. I have lots of them laying around the house but don't have the urge to read them. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books