Tuesday 26 September 2017

Needlework Tuesday - No, it's not hunting season

 Sorry to have missed you all last week.  Life sure does get busy at  points and when something has to give way, it's going to be my blog.  I did spend a lovely day with my son last week. We toured a university and are looking at details of it's program.  It's so good to be able to help launch our kids in the directions they want to go.

Speaking of kids, it's Adopt a School time at Indigo/Chapters and Coles stores across Canada.  You might be shocked to learn, that schools are funded very little when it comes to library books.  Many schools get less than $1.00 per student for the entire year to purchase new library and class room books.  This means that the research materials in their libraries often has been there since you and I were at grade school.

Every dollar that you donate goes directly to a high need school.  All administration costs are borne by Indigo.  They also gives the schools a generous discount at the time of purchase.  Please click the link for Adopt a School, and make a generous donation to the school of your choice.  The children you help today will be the ones running our country in the future.  You can also visit your local Indigo/Chapters/Coles store and make a donation in person.

You might wonder what this has to do with Needlework Tuesday.  Well, I have donated these two pillow covers to the Chapters store where I work and they will be used in a raffle draw to earn money for our adopted school.

 Both the fox and the deer finished at 18 inches and will be stuffed with a down pillow insert donated by Chapters Kitchener. The pattern is Forest Friends by Lorna from Sew Fresh Quilts.
 I did simple curvy line quilting using the walking foot on my machine.  It doesn't detract from the lovely animal.
 A few weeks ago, I was asked to post a photo of the fittens on a foot.  This pair is a bit large for me, though it clearly shows how much the ribbing stretches to accommodate the toes.  The pattern is called Seamless Salomas Slippers  by Susan Busbee & Megan Williams.
With the yellow and grey pair finished, I am ready to cast on my next pair.  Just this morning I found this lovely skein of teals and blue. It's from Red Heart super saver colour Macaw 3944.

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

 Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current needlework post. If you prepared a post last week, go ahead and add a link to it as well.  The more stitching to look at and enjoy, the better.


5 comments:

Kate said...

Your pillows are sure to be a hit in the raffle. They are so cute.

Thanks for the link to the slipper pattern.

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Love the two animal blocks, they will make someone very happy. Thanks for showing the fittens, they very snugly. Have a great day!

Lin said...

Lovely idea to donate your great cushions - I agree that books are soooooo important! They are beautiful designs too. xx

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Cute projects that you've got there. So nice to see that you've donated them for such a good cause. I can't imagine schools having so little books. Happy sewing! Andrea

Linda in Arkansas said...

Oh these are so cute! I love the quilting too. Our schools and teachers do not get the supplies they need either, so sad.