Thursday 21 August 2008

Fatal Voyage by Kathy Reichs


As far as I can tell, this is my first book by this author, though it won't be my last.

I enjoyed meeting the main character, forensic anthropologist, Temperance Brennan. She is a very likable person that I could relate to.

Tempe is called in to investigate an airline disaster. All is going well until she finds a foot that doesn't appear to have come from any of the persons on the plane. The story takes off from there. I found it hard to put the book down. Could have easy read it in one sitting (420 pages) if it weren't for family obligations and food calls.

It will be interesting to see what happens with regard to Pete (husband in Charlotte that she is separated from) and Ryan (occasional partner in Quebec) in the next novel in this series.

1 comment:

Jon McGoran said...

Reichs is great. I haven't read Fatal Voyage, but I've read a lot of her other stuff. I also haven't seen the series yet, but the TV show Bones is based on her books.