Wednesday 20 August 2008

A Quilt for a Dentist

I have been viewing this quilt at my dentist's office for the past 5 years. I have looked at it during each visit and wondered about it. I never could figure out the abstractness of it.

Last week I was there with my son and I realized that there was a dark blue toothbrush. Now how had I missed that?

Next came the light bulb moment, its not an abstract but teeth!!! Oh my gosh, how did I miss this. I never made the connection.

A closer inspection shows filling on some teeth and orthodontic brackets on others.

This lovely quilt was made by Joy, the receptionist in the office. She adapted it from a pattern in a magazine.


1 comment:

Sherrie said...

This is a beautiful quilt. But I didn't see the toothbrush until you pointed it out. Or the teeth!!