Wednesday 4 February 2009

Do you listen to Audio Books?

I am curious about whether my readers listen to Audio Books?

I remember listening to some ages ago when they only came on tapes and were quite expensive. Lately I have found channel 117 on Sirius Radio. Its mostly Audio Books and some interviews. There are complete episodes of Twilight Zone, Sherlock Holmes and Harry Niles (detective). The longer books/stories are done in an installment style. Makes those longer road trips more enjoyable and fills my reading needs.

At home I have been downloading books from my library system. I have just finished listening to "People of the Book" by Geraldine Brooks (yet to write my review) and am now listening to "What I talk about when I talk about Running: A Memoir" by Haruki Murakami . It certainly helps my solitary quilting time seem to fly by.

I look forward to hearing about your involvement in Audio Books. Do you love them, hate them, perhaps you are indifferent? There is a poll on the left of this page, or you can add something in the comment section.

2 comments:

Miri said...

I certainly agree with you: audio books make the time quilting fly by. When I'm hand quilting on the frame or doing hand applique, I usually listen to books I've downloaded from Librivox.com - they're free and in the public domain. Lately, I've been working on the sewing machine-so no audio books right now.

Dorte H said...

That was an easy one: never!
I am a reader, has never been a listener (with the exception of music, of course).