Monday 31 August 2009

Provincial Parks and free book shelves

We were camping on the weekend at Craigleith Provincial Park in Ontario near Collingwood. Yes, it was a rather rainy weekend which meant that several books were required to help pass the soggy time.

Hubby went to the park store to buy some wood and came back with the exciting news that there was a Bookcrossing shelf in the store. Oh excitement!!! Off we went a little while later to see what free books we could find, and at the same time berating myself for not bringing any books to release. Yes there really is a wall of free books available, though I couldn't find one that had been registered with Bookcrossing. Hubby did find a book that he brought home. I suspect that when he is finished, I'll register it and include the story of where it was found and then we'll release it elsewhere.

I am wondering if other Parks have free book shelves? Please leave a comment if you know of any. Thanks.

No comments: