Sunday 27 March 2011

Weekend Cooking: New Kitchen Toy

Back in the late fall, hubby was away on a business trip.  I thought I would help him out with a bit of Christmas shopping.  I managed to find myself a KitchenAid Professional 5plus.  Yippee.  Only trouble, I had to let him put it away for the next month and a half.

Fast forward four months.

It's now time to make daughter a birthday cake.  Her friend was over on friday night and the two of them decided to help me.


We selected a recipe for a Lemon cheesecake with fresh blueberry topping.  This was found in a book from Company's Coming, Baking: Simple to Sensational.


The cake baked up beautifully.


Several of her friends were happy to help eat it on Saturday.



I'm a bit late, but this is my contribution to Weekend Cooking which is hosted each weekend by Beth Fish Reads.  Click on over and see what other kitchen fun the other participants have been up to.

8 comments:

Heather said...

I don't know what went wrong with the pictures in my post today. I re-did it from scratch once, but still no pics. I am going to wait until monday morn. to see if they show properly. Sorry.

Beth F said...

Blogger's been acting up -- I'll come back to see the photos.

I hope to do some baking in the next month -- for my husband's birthday in April.

Chinoiseries said...

I'm not seeing the photos in the post either (but when I open them in a new page, they do show!) :(

Wow, love that shiny new KitchenAid mixer! o__O Beautiful cake btw! I was lucky to have some apfel strudel this morning, because of a birthday, but your cake looks lovely too!

Diana LaMarre said...

Love the top of the line KitchenAid. I have an older, less fancy model, but I do love mine!

The cake looks delicious. I can see why your daughter and her friends loved it.

Today I received the books. I was so thrilled! I am working on a post now. Thank you again for giving me the opportunity to discover this new (to me) author.

Martha@Hey, I want to read that said...

Mmmm, we love any kind of cheesecake at our house and yours looks absolutely delicious. I love my KitchenAid but I wish it were stainless steel. But that is the only complaint I have about it. I hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday.

Marie said...

I love my stand mixer. I bought a Cuisinart, but those Kitchaid ones sure look pretty and sturdy. The cake looks yummy.

Rikki said...

I love cheesecake and blueberry topping sounds like the right finishing touch. YUMMY!

The Single Nester said...

May you have many yummy things to eat with your new friend.