Tuesday 18 June 2013

Needlework Tuesday - The Mystery Unveiled

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.
I have a special treat for you today.  At my local guild, we had quilt designer Sherri Hissy from Border Creek Station and her husband Ron, as our year end guests.  This was the perfect combination, as 21 of us had just finished piecing our tops from  her latest mystery, "Quilter's Celebration". Before I get to those tops, I want to share one of Sherri's quilt.
 
 Sherri had started this lovely basket quilt for her daughter, but it was a long time in the making.  By the time it was completed, her daughter didn't like pink anymore.  What to do?  Wait for a granddaughter of course.  Yes, granddaughter has arrived and this quilt will grace her bed at an appropriate time.

 
 
Each month we received at least one clue and then went home to sew.  The next month, we were instructed to bring one baggie of pieces to guild in order to be entered for a prize.  We never got a really good view of the fabrics the other members were working with.  it was quite a surprise for all of use at this unveiling. 
 
Time for a viewers choice.  I have added a number below each quilt.  View them all, and then leave a comment telling me the numbers of which two quilts you like the best.  The two quilters with the most votes will win some sort of fabric prize from me.  They don't know I am doing this, so it will be a surprise for them at our September meeting.  Voting will be open till some point in September 2013.   Try not to let the little squares of paper pinned to each quilt to distract you from their beauty, those were our numbers for voting.

1

2

3

4

5

6


7

8

9

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

17

18

19

20
 
21


This final quilt, is the original pieced by the designer Sherri Hissy.

 
It was such fun to view these oh so different quilts.  Some of the members have decided to do Sherri's next mystery and it will be interesting to see how they progress through them next season.

What have you been stitching this past week?

Tami, at Just One More Thing, has been working on a few projects.  She has also posted a lovely photo  of her great-grandmother relaxing and  hand quilting.

7 comments:

Tami said...

Wow, that is nearly impossible. All of them are so beautiful and unique. Fun to see how the difference in fabric choices can make such a variety of quilts.

I finally settled on #14 for the color combination and border.

Rikki said...

I am going for 8 and 9 as my favourites. But they are all lovely.

Linda said...

It's #1 and #4 for me. They are all wonderful.

Colleen said...

I like 6 and 13 the best. They are all beautiful, though!

Joyce Carter said...

Beautiful quilts. I would choose #1 as first choice, then #13 as a second choice.

Debbie Rodgers said...

Such a a difficult choice to make!

Forced to decide, I'll pick #11 and #6

Marie said...

All of them are gorgeous! I think my favourites are #1 and #9.