Thursday 26 February 2015

Tangled Thursday - Colours Abound

I'm wondering if Diane has been feeling the strain of so much winter white.  Her challenge this week is to use colour. 
"I have been wanting to add just a touch of color to make a tile pop.  I have seen some spectacular ones that are in black and then have a couple fields of color - often red.  It might be some balloons, or the feathers or a bird - but some part of the entangle filled with color.  But only one part so it pops out.

If that doesn't float your boat, then add a little (or a lot) of color somewhere ... or else just make a tile!!  I sure want to see whatever you come up with.  Please no stress about this one .. it is something I have so wanted to try and have been hesitant."

I've used coloured markers previously and wanted to do something different.  I did all the drawing in ink that used pencil crayons to add that pop of colour.  Currently I am doing a colour theory class and a recent lesson dealt with complementary colours, hence my choice of yellow-green and red-violet.  


Welcome to Tangled Thursday.  A few of my local and online friends have joined me in an occasional Zentangle challenge.  We'll take turns choosing a theme which I'll post here on my blog.  At that time, I'll add Mister Linky and invite you to add a link to your drawing using that them.  I'll leave the linky open till the next challenge is posted, usually two weeks. Any one who participates could be contacted to decide our next challenge.

 All are welcome to join in the fun.  If you are new to Zentangles, then visit the website for a complete explanation and all sorts of online resources.  I'm also a big fan of TanglePatterns

This week I decided to use the book Zentangle 6 by Suzanne McNeill to find the tangles to use.  This small book considers using stencils instead of strings.  I am partial to the cowboy boot.

I used the following tangles: tire treads, star map, sponge, bristles, seed pods, and jagged.

I hope that you'll play along with use and draw your own colourful Zentangle inspired piece of art, post it on your blog then come back here and add your link to Mister Linky.  I'll be back in two weeks with our next challenge.


1 comment:

Ann said...

I love using colors. Great subject!