Tuesday 3 March 2015

Needlework Tuesday - One ball projects--- almost

 I must applaud the weather, it has done everything in it's power this past week to keep me inside and wanting to knit.  It's been cold.  We are near the point where the thermometer hasn't gone above freezing in about 40 days, which is nearing a record. 

I stared this hat for hubby last week, but ran out of wool.  the shop didn't have any more of that colour nor did any other nearby shops.  i decided that stripes would work.  Hubby is very happy with his hat.  It snugs down over his forehead and ears and will keep him very warm.
 Due to the edge technique, the ear flaps actually curl around the ears.  Pattern and wool details are in last week's post.

  Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.
 While I was waiting to get to the shop for additional wool for the hat, I finished up this cowl for myself.   My long coat is a teal colour and this will match perfectly.
 Just a little tease of the mystery project I am working on  It is so warm and cuddly, almost to warm to have sitting on my lap while stitching.  I'm at the half way point.
I've finished the next lesson in my colour theory class.  The first block shows split complementary: yellow-green, red, violet.  The second shows triadic colours: yellow-green, blue-violet and red-orange.  The third block features tetradic colours: yellow-green, blue, red-violet and orange.  I used these same colours in the embroidery shown below.   the blocks are 6 1/2 inches  and the embroidery is about 4 inches wide by 3 1/2 inches tall.

Do you embroider?  Do you have a recommendation for a stitch book?  I know there are lots of stitch instructions available online, but I want a book in hand to browse through and find new stitches.  It would be most helpful if it also includes instructions for left handed stitchers.

I'd love to see what you are working on, Mister Linky is waiting below.


1 comment:

Roslyn said...

I am not sure if you will still be posting for today, so I will link to last week's post.