Thursday 12 March 2015

Tangled Thursday - Time to give Zopfe a try

I can't believe how quickly the past two weeks have flown by.  It seems I was just playing with colours on a tile and now Carolien has a new challenge for us.  She wants us to use Zopfe in  a drawing.  Here's what she had to say:
I would love to see how you use Zöpfe in a drawing. I really love the look of it, but the outcome is never what I would like it to be when I draw it. Like it doesn't like playing with the other tangles I choose. lol. So I've been wanting to explore it further, this seemed like an excellent time for that :)

This wasn't and easy nor natural one for me either.  I gave it a couple of tries, and while I feel better about the later ones, it's still not sitting comfortably with me.  The one in the centre was my first attempt, the one on the right, my second, and the multiple ones on the left, my third.  By the third try I was getting the hang of it.   At first I missed that the ends of the strokes were supposed to lay on top of each other.

Welcome to Tangled Thursday.  A few of my online friends have joined me in an occasional Zentangle challenge.  We'll take turns choosing a theme which I'll post here on my blog.  At that time, I'll add Mister Linky and invite you to add a link to your drawing using that them.  I'll leave the linky open till the next challenge is posted, usually two weeks. Any one who participates could be contacted to decide our next challenge.

 All are welcome to join in the fun.  If you are new to Zentangles, then visit the website for a complete explanation and all sorts of online resources.  I'm also a big fan of TanglePatterns


A bookmark featuring the tangle Zopfe

 I'm still not sure about Zopfe, though it did go better on this tile.  I'll need to try it again on a smaller scale. Perhaps my base line was just to big making it hard for me to control the lines in the next step.  I have added teardrops, pokeleaf and a very poor rendition of Mumsy.

it was barely warm enough to stand outside on Sunday evening and capture the sunset.  It was such a lovely shade of pink.

Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your post about Zopfe.


2 comments:

Tami said...

You are so right - the weeks have flown by and suddenly I realize it's Thursday and I haven't so much as picked up a pen. Something's gotta give, but that's for another time.

Your tangle is beautiful. This does look like a difficult pattern and one I want to try.

dianeclancy said...

Heather - I had missed that you posted!! By #3 it looks great!! I agree it is so hard ... took a long time for me to figure out what to do.

Yours are very cool!! ~ Diane Clancy
http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog