Tuesday 23 June 2015

Needlework Tuesday - Crochet a Rug


I have a new, quick project on the hook, crochet hook that is.  I'm using chunky yarn from Red Heart.

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

I'm still having the feel for small, quick to complete projects. I do get a great feeling when I finish a project and it's been far too long since I finished a large quilt.  Yippee for small projects.  I started this one a few days ago and it's just flying along and it's living up to my expectations.  
  
The stitch of this pattern is easy and looks good and it feels good under my feet.  Yes, it's a floor rug.  For years I have been buying those foam backed mats for the hallway, but after a while, the foam starts to disintegrate and leaves a nasty dust behind.  Yuck.  Since i have the skills and the time, why not make my own mats and then they will be the colours and textures i want instead of what some  anonymous buyer  decides. 

I am using a free pattern from Red Heart, the Hearth & Home Rug .  It takes 4 skeins of their Super Saver Chunky yarn, though I'm sure that any chunky yarn will work.

I'm enjoying this so much, that i have already selected a second rug project.  More details will follow on that one after I get started on it.

Have you knit or crocheted a rug or floor mat?  I'd like to hear about this project, better yet, some photos would be great.  Please add a link to Mister Linky of either your current needlework post or a rug you have made.

 

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Great rug. I've never made before, but it does interest me. I've also never used chunky yarn. Is it hard to work with? Have a great day!!

Sherrie