Thursday 14 January 2016

Die Again Tomorrow by Kira Peikoff

This book grabbed my attention from the first pages and didn't let go until long after I finished reading.

The formulation X101 is a wonder drug. It can inhibit the death of brain cells after the body has ceased to function giving doctors the time needed to repair the deadly injuries before re-starting the heart and life.  After Isabel Leon undergoes this ground breaking procedure, she realises that her time is limited before the man who killed her tries again. 

I keep imagining the value of such a drug and the lives that could be saved.  Author Kira Peikoff also brings to light the cost associated with such discoveries.  There is always at least one unscrupulous person who will stoop to the lowest level to unfairly take advantage of such work. That is where the story took twists that I couldn't have anticipated.  I was kept on edge the entire time wondering what level Ms. Peikoff would take me to next.

There were lots of great things about this story that I want to comment on such at the setting, and the possibly unethical buying of trading of a certain commodity, but I don't want to spoil the story for you.  I loved this book and am looking forward to reading more by Kira Peikoff.


Thanks to author Kira Peikoff for my review copy and for use of the cover image.

No comments: