Tuesday 5 January 2016

Needlework Tuesday - A New Year, A Fresh Start

 It's been a bit of a whirlwind for the past few weeks. I'm glad to finally have a quiet day to relax.  As much as I enjoy all the visiting and renewing friendships, time alone is healthy as well.

 Ok, that was enough solitude, time to visit with my online friends.  I knew you'd all miss me if I skipped today's post.  I spent the past week being social so I don't have much to share here.  My sister was visiting from Calgary, and didn't want to miss a minute of time with her.  It was a bonus this year, as I'd already been to see her twice in 2015, so to see her a third time was wonderful. I had suggested to her that she should really come visit this Christmas to visit with our grandmother who is 99.  She had fallen in the summer and broke her hip and is having a tough recovery.  Sister is now back in her home after a very early trip to the airport yesterday.

I've been consoling myself in her absence with some new yarn.  Cherry red, Ginseng, and Topaz. Son has asked me to make another afghan for a friend of his who's wife had a baby in the fall.  I had to put it on hold until I completed a few other projects.  Now that I am working on it, it is proceeding quickly.  I'll have a better photo next week as well as pattern details.

I don't have a picture of the quilt from last week, as I barely had time to stitch on it.  I'd been a bit concerned that all the machine quilting would make it stiff, but that isn't the case.  It will still be soft and cuddly.

For a change, the sun is shining here and I want to go out for a walk.  We have only had about three sunny days in the past five weeks, so I don't want to miss the chance to wear my sunglasses and get some exercise.

I hope that you all had wonderful visits during the holidays and are refreshed and ready to go on your various projects.

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.
 

Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current needlework post.


7 comments:

Kate said...

I hope your walk was warmer then mine. I am glad you had a good visit with your sister.

Marie said...

Lovely colours, Heather! I'm sure the afghan is going to be lovely.

Have a great week.

Tami said...

Love the color combination. Can't wait to see the complete pattern.

Glad you had a good Christmas and got to visit with your sister. Enjoy some down time.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your knitting - that is one craft that I have not been able to learn well.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your knitting, that is one craft that I have not been able to learn well.

Lin said...

Happy New Year Heather! Lovely for you to have another visit from your sister. We are just back from 4 weeks in UK so trying to catch up with emails plus unpack. Good to see grandaughter and family and to catch up with a few friends but now wanting to get back into some sewing!! xx

Roslyn said...

Its still in 30's here in Boston if it gets to 40's I will take the Button dog for a walk. This tome last year we were snowed in here much less severe at this point. Family visiting is so nice.