Monday 24 April 2017

I Funny by James Patterson and Chris Grabenstein

 Jamie Grimm is having a tough time settling into his new family and his new school.  Using humour to deal with life in a wheelchair is helpful but it does little at getting the school bully to leave him alone.

At the urging of his uncle, he enters The Planet's Funniest Kid Comic contest.  Even though it's not easy for Jamie to stand in front of his peers and cajole them into laughing, he finds himself doing just that again and again.

This was an entertaining and funny book.  I don't like to read about bullies in stories, but in this case, I learned something by the way Jamie responded/fought back.  Way to go Jamie.

The story contains lots of jokes and I found myself cracking up with laughter at more than a few points, and this is coming from a person whom my kids say has no sense of humour.  This would be a great book for kids who have graduated from the Captain Underpants books by Dave Pilkey.

I listened to the unabridged audio book as read by Frankie Seratch.  3 hours 3 minutes.  He did an amazing job of making me thinking I was listening to a middle school student and his friends.

Books I have reviewed by James Patterson
Along Came a Spider
House of Robots

Books I have reviewed by Chris Grabenstein
House of Robots
Home Sweet Motel: Welcome to Wonderland #1
Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library

 

Cover image courtesy Hachette Book Group.

#IndigoEmployee

No comments: