Tuesday 17 February 2009

Needlework Tuesday


I was back at my sewing machine this week. yippee. The first picture shows the 2 log cabin blocks I made. They are from the Quilters Cache website. They measure 12" and are made with a 2 1/2 " red centre and 1 1/2 inch logs.

The next picture shows the 11 blocks that were submitted for the BOM (Block of the Month) program for the Maple Leaf Quilt Guild online.


The diagonal pattern shows up so well with this block. I will hold a random drawing and one of the members who submitted a block will win them all.

As I was browsing online this morning, I checked over at Zoey's site and was thrilled to see that she is working with log cabin blocks as well. Instead of a small red centre, she has put a 6 inch bunny block in the middle. Log Cabin bunny block.

If you have done a log cabin quilt, send me the link and I'll add it here.

Miri's Red White and Black Log Cabin

I didn't get as much work done on my cousin's quilt as I wanted to. I did go to a friend's and work on a quilt that she had just put in the frame. A lovely crazy type block. Sorry I didn't get a pic.



The motif shown here was inspired by the Mariner's compass in the middle of the quilt. This will be repeated 4 times across the middle of the quilt.

I haven't heard back from Morehouse Farm about the scarf I started knitting last week. I'll send them another email in case the first got misplaced. Will give you another update next week.

No comments: