Saturday 9 January 2010

First Nations/Aboriginal Fridays - The Snow Maiden - Russia

It was about 20 years ago when I first heard the story of the 'Snow Maiden'. It was via a sale flyer from a collectible business. They were offering this lovely plate depicting a scene from the story. Obviously I bought it.

I hadn't thought about it in ages, even though the plate has a special place in my china cabinet until I was reading at 'from Russia with love' and there was the story.

Please visit 'from Russia with love' to learn the story of the Snow Maiden.

2 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

What a beautiful plate. I'm longing to visit to learn the story of the Snow Maiden but the connection is down at the moment. Oh well I'll just have to keep trying.

Dorte H said...

Oh, your plate is absolutely gorgeous!