Tuesday 26 January 2010

Needlework Tuesday

I started my morning with a cuppa black tea and some Tim Tams. They are a most popular cookie from Australia. Today is Australia Day and I wanted to celebrate with my friend Barb even though 10 000 km separate us.


Last night was the meeting for my local guild. It was a Community Service evening and we were making bags for the Mennonite Central Committee. These are 11x16 inch bags that they fill with various supplies and then distribute. Our guild had planned to make 200 bags, a goal which we easily exceeded. Here's the link to the MCC Kit Bags.

We also had a book vendor at the meeting. I purchases 3 books. The first, 'Jelly Roll Quilts' by Pam & Nicky Lintott was requested by my mother. First I'll have to make the pattern called 'Pineapple Surprise' and then she gets the book.


My daughter asked for a book with 'circles'. This one titled 'Circle Play' by Reynola Pakusich seemed to fit her requirements. Time will tell what we make from this book.



For myself I choose 'Shifting Perspectives' by Lorraine Torrence. I have looked at this book previously and didn't buy it and then later regretted it. So now I have a copy and look forward to trying this technique.


In the past week I have completed the quilting on two projects. The 'ABC' quilt is ready for binding as is a scrap quilt for Karen.. I have shown a corner of Karen's quilt. Hope to have the binding on both by next week as well as labels made for both.
I also have been working on the Bernat Knit along and just realized I forget to take a picture of the cable block that we knit. I have finished 2 of the 3 blocks and the third is more than 1/2 done. Will be ready when the final block is unveiled later this week.
As you can imagine, I am on a role this week and want to keep the momentum going. I'd better park myself in front of my sewing machine and see what I can accomplish before this feeling goes away.

1 comment:

Dorte H said...

Oh, I would never ever have the patience to actually SEW patchwork, but your books look gorgeous!

Enjoy them (And I shall come and enjoy your products) :D