Thursday 14 January 2010

Recipe Thursday - Orange Chicken Stir Fry

I don't get it, my family actually wants to eat different food every day and on weekend they want to eat several times. I get tired of making the same thing over and over again, so am always on the lookout for new recipes.
.
I was browsing online for how to roast veggies in the oven and came across the blog 'I love Kale'. They have a nice recipe for Roasted Potatoes and Tokyo Turnips . I modified the recipe by using tiny potatoes, carrots and parsnips. Mostly I wanted to pour balsamic vinegar over everything. I have added this blog to my list that I follow as they have some neat ideas.

.

My next meal choice arrived in my inbox in an email from Company Comings Cookbooks. Click the link for the recipe for Orange Chicken Stir-Fry. We were quite pleased with this dish. It is more savoury in nature and next time I make it will add either some diced hot peppers or a couple of dashes of hot pepper sauce. I used 2 boneless chicken breasts.
.


Miri over at 'Milk and Honey Quilts' has a nice recipe for Chocolate Sauce for your ice cream sundae.
.
Karen has a recipe for 'Hearty Tomato Soup' over at 'Quilts...etc. You will have to scroll down past the quilt blocks.
.
Visit Beth Fish Reads for more yummy weekend recipes and related book reviews.

5 comments:

Marie said...

Both of these look and sound delicious. Thanks for sharing them.

Beth F said...

THese sound great! I love roasted vegetables. And why is it our families somehow get hungry and expect to be fed?

I'm going to check out your links, too.

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

Some great ideas there! Thanks for sharing!

Margot said...

I like the look and sound of the Orange Chicken. That's a new website for me, so thanks.

Teddy Rose said...

The roasted veggie recipe sounds great. I'm a vegan, so I'll skip the chicken.