Tuesday 9 March 2010

Needlework Tuesday - Knit Along Finished

You've been following for months; curious to see what this project would look like and how the colours would go together.  As you can see, they look great.  I used Bernat Satin yarn in Forest Mist Heather, Bordeaux and Camel.  I am so pleased with how it turned out.  I submitted the photo to the contest over at the Bernat site. 

You really should visit there and see pics of the other complete afghans.  The colours are terrific.  When last I checked there were 10 finished projects.  each one different combinations.  Bernat Knit Along Finished Afghans.  (Click the link and it will take you to the Bernat blog, then select the Mystery Knit Along in the right hand column to see the finished afghans.)

One follower has told me that she is working on this pattern. I am looking forward to posting her pics when she is finished.  Anyone else?

Now on to sewing. I want to get the border sewn for the 'Wild Blue Yonder' quilt.  Am still thinking about how to machine quilt.  There were some wonderful comments last week that I found very helpful.  Thanks.

Did you finish a project this week and you want to share it with the world? Hop over to 'Lit and Laundry' and post your link.

7 comments:

Amused said...

Wow that quilt is absolutely beautiful! I've picked up quilting now and then but only with fabrics. To do the knitting too is amazing!

Marie said...

Heather, this is so lovely. Good job! I love the colours.

I haven't gotten very far with mine but I'm still determined to finish it...one day. Hopefully before winter shows up again.

I'm not that familiar with knitting with a circular needle. Do you think I can use a 29" instead of a 36"?

Thanks.

Dorte H said...

The colours are indeed great together!

Stone Meadow One said...

I love that! It looks so great! I love how the colours work together!

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Beautiful, its good to see the finished item. I love your choice of colours.

All sorted with the sockies by the way but many thanks for your very kind offer, I'm so lucky to have so many wonderfully generous blogger buddies.

Threeundertwo said...

Wow! That is gorgeous! It really turned out well. Thanks for linking up to Finished for Friday.

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness what a big job, but it is beautiful! I never thought of doing a knitting sampler. What a clever idea. Another thing on my list of "to do". Thanks for the inspiration!