Tuesday 12 April 2011

Needlework Tuesday - Still Scribbling on Fabric

I'm working on some of the nitty gritty handwork for the Scribbling women quilt.  I have selected two quotes from the book and am working at embroidering them.  I could have printed them on to fabric, but I want to keep that for contributions from other women.  I also felt that artistically it would be boring if all the text on the quilt was printed. I don't do a lot of embroidery, but I do find it relaxing.  I can either watch tv or listen to an audio book at the same time. 

On Sunday I took a small road trip with my daughter and two of her girl friends.  Our main destination was the Lindt out let.  Since the chocolates didn't last very long once we got home, I have repurposed this clear plastic box to carry my embroidery threads for this project.  The one that is laying on the fabric  is a really cool 12 strand metallic.  DMC colour number E130.  It will be wonderful to add some glitter and highlights.

I have had a few more women come on board this project with offers of their own 'scribbling', though still space for more.


Are you a needleworker?  You are invited to join here with me and my friends and share your project. Let me know what you're up to and I'll add your link.

You really want to pop on over to Lit and Laundry to check out the wonderful wips (works  in progress).  Another woman after my own heart; why have one project on the go when you can a half dozen.

Tami at Just One More Thing is joing for the first time as well.  She has posted about her plans to get back to her needlework projects which she admits have lain untouched for far too long. 

Visit both these ladies and leave them a message of encouragement.


Back to my stitching.

6 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

I have to admit, I'm not very adept at using metallic floss. I really admire people who can!

I'm joining in this week - http://litandlaundry.blogspot.com/2011/04/needlework-tuesday-wips.html

Cheryl said...

Lovely embroidery, Heather.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Wow, you are even more talented than I already knew. To do such embroidary must be painstaking work but so rewarding.

Tami said...

I'm amazed at your detail work. I'm sure it will be beautiful when it's completed.

I ran across Needlework Tuesday on Daisy's Book Journal and decided to join you. Great idea for encouraging each other to keep working on those projects. Thanks for hosting.

www.tdreads.blogspot.com

Rikki said...

I haven't made any progress with my shawl since last week (or anything else for that matter). Great that your quilt project is coming along.

Martha@Hey, I want to read that said...

What beautiful work. I love needlework but have no real talent for it. Partly, actually I'm sure almost entirely because I don't have the patience. I want results and I want them 15 minutes ago. But, I am a great supporter of needle work and if those who can't do buy, it kind of all works out.